In this STEM based major we focus on the role technology and engineering play in shaping people’s quest for solutions to problems. The impacts of technology and engineering on the individual, society, and environment are substantial. Society needs professionals, especially at the K-6(8) level, who can help young learners understand STEM principles, technological forces, and design.
The Integrative-STEM major is designed as a multidisciplinary major for K-6 education majors. There are five (5) K-6 education majors at TCNJ (i) Deaf & Hard of Hearing, (ii) Early Childhood, (iii) Elementary Education, (iv) Special Education, and (v) Urban Education. Below are links to program sheets for our five Integrative-STEM education majors:
- Integrative – STEM Education and: Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHST)
- Integrative – STEM Education and: Early Childhood Education (ECST)
- Integrative – STEM Education and: Elementary Education (ELST)
- Integrative – STEM Education and: Special Education (SEST)
- Integrative – STEM Education and: Urban Education (ECEU/ELEU)